List Price: €40.31 Our price: €36.28 You save €4.03! (10% OFF)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-341046-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-341046-4
- Copyright 2015
- Edition: 1st
MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide: Configuring Microsoft Windows 8.1 presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques.
MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide: Configuring Microsoft Windows 8.1, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test
The exciting new MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide: Configuring Microsoft Windows 8.1, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test is a digital-only certification preparation product combining an eBook with the enhanced Pearson IT Certification Practice Test. The Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test contains the following items:
- The MCSA 70-687 Premium Edition Practice Test, including four full practice exams and enhanced practice test features
- PDF and EPUB formats of the MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, which are accessible via your PC, tablet, and smartphone
About the Premium Edition Practice Test
This Premium Edition contains an enhanced version of the Pearson IT Certification Practice Test (PCPT) software with four full practice exams. In addition, it contains all the chapter-opening assessment questions from the book.
This integrated learning package:
- Allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams
- Includes direct links from each question to detailed tutorials to help you understand the concepts behind the questions
- Provides unique sets of exam-realistic practice questions
- Tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, or Windows 8;
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client;
Pentium-class 1GHz processor (or equivalent);
650MB disk space plus 50MB for each downloaded practice exam
About the Premium Edition eBook
Learn, prepare, and practice for MCSA 70-687 exam success with this Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT certification learning.
- Master MCSA 70-687 exam topics for Windows 8.1 configuration
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the DVD
MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide: Configuring Microsoft Windows 8.1 is a best-of-breed exam study guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT certification learning. Best-selling authors and expert instructors Don Poulton, Randy Bellet, and Harry Holt share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide: Configuring Microsoft Windows 8.1 presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The study guide helps you master all the topics on the MCSA 70-687 exam, including the following:
- Windows 8.1 introduction
- Hardware readiness and compatibility
- Installation and upgrades, including VHDs
- Migrating users, profiles, and applications
- Configuring devices and device drivers
- Installing, configuring, and securing applications
- Configuring Internet Explorer
- Configuring Hyper-V virtualization
- Configuring TCP/IP, network settings, and network security
- Configuring and securing access to files and folders, including OneDrive and NFC
- Configuring local security, authentication, and authorization
- Configuring remote connections and management
- Configuring and securing mobile devices
- Configuring Windows Updates
- Managing disks, backups, and system/file recovery
- Managing/monitoring system performance
Don Poulton (A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE) is an independent consultant who has worked with computers since the days of 80-column punch cards. He has consulted extensively with training providers, preparing study materials for Windows technologies. He has written or contributed to several Que titles, including Security+ Lab Manual; MCSA/MCSE 70-299 Exam Cram 2; and MCTS 70-620 Exam Prep.
Randy Bellet (Network+, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA) has worked in IT since 1981, and has written multiple applications for the banking, insurance, and food industries. Now on the faculty of ECPI University, he has developed courses in network security and programming.
Harry Holt has worked as a computer operator, programmer, LAN administrator, network engineer, DBA, and project manager. He has used his skills to improve efficiency in organizations including Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, government agencies, small partnerships, and sole proprietorships.